Friday, August 16, 2013

Teachery Tips and Tricks- Got a Window? Instant Center!

I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' today to share a trick that my students LOVE!

I shared this once before, but I think it's worth sharing again!

Do you have a window in your classroom?  Like in your door?  Or next to your door?  Do you have a dry erase marker to spare?

If you have both of those things, you have a recipe for an instant activity that your students will LOVE!

My kiddos write their spelling words on the window next to my door.  They use a dry erase marker and it wipes right off!

They love it!!!!!  It's so taboo, they just can't get enough!

You could use this for anything.  Word work, math facts- you write problems in one color and they solve in another, write notes or messages to your students, have them write facts they have learned about at topic... anything!

They love it so much, in fact, that a student who wasn't even in my class last year recently told an incoming 3rd grader during our summer school, "You'll love her.  She lets her kids write on her window!"

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I'm definitely doing this!!!

    -Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that's the kind of comment you want from a kid! I can see how they would definitely feel like they were doing the wrong thing! I love it!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...